The mission of Jack P. Nix Elementary School, together with parents and community, is to develop lifelong learners and good citizens in a safe and caring environment.
About The School
Welcome to Jack P. Nix Elementary School!
Jack P. Nix is located in Cleveland, GA, a small town at the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains. JPN is a Title 1 Elementary School educating Kindergarten to Fifth Grade students. Our current enrollment is 435 students in 19 classrooms. JPN has consistently excelled academically. The staff loves children and works diligently to meet the academic as well as the emotional needs of its young learners. The staff members of JPN are always in pursuit of excellence. The following awards have been received by JPN:
- Title I Distinguished School for 13 consecutive years!
- 2003 Georgia School of Excellence
- 2004 Participant in the 12th Annual Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education Bus Trip Across Georgia
- 2006 Platinum Award Winner for Greatest Gains in meeting and exceeding academic standards
- 2009 Single Statewide Accountability System Bronze Award for Highest Performance for Students Meeting and Exceeding Standards
- 2009 Single Statewide Accountability System Platinum Award for Making Greatest Gain for Students Meeting and Exceeding Standards
- 2010 Single Statewide Accountability System Bronze Award Winner for outstanding student achievement
The success of our students is due to the following:
- family support and involvement
- a community that is willing and anxious to provide assistance to enrich the education of children
- a staff that is dedicated, experienced, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure students' success
- a local Board of Education that provides the funding and support needed to meet the needs of students
- the support of our superintendent and curriculum staff
- a school nurse that provides support to students and families
- an experienced and well-trained intervention team that provides assistance to students, improving academic performance, building self-esteem, and preserving a love for learning.
- a fine arts program that provides artistic guidance and inspiration to help our young artists produce phenomenal artwork and performances
Contact email@example.com to request access to or notify White County Schools about on-line information or functionality that is currently inaccessible. For information about how to file a formal grievance with White County Schools under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and title II of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, please see White County Schools grievance procedure here (Grievance Form)